Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Procedure Review

Well, we're officially 1 week into class and 3 days into flipped lesson days.  The kids have been very good about wanting to watch the videos, but my email traffic has been a bit overloaded with really simple questions.  So today I devoted about 1/2 the class period to reviewing the procedure for finding & watching videos. Everything was presented as a tutorial on the projector, and students followed along on their Chromebooks.

I focused on:
  • the several ways students can access the videos 
  • the importance of following the calendar
  • re: dialogue videos- The textbook is extremely effective for comprehension! (Picked up that little tidbit when 2 kids stayed after class last week to get a jump on the videos. Was very interesting to observe.)
  • Even if notes aren't required, it's a good idea to take them. I really need to develop this further.  I'm not sure that the WSQ works for these dialogues, but I need a guided note system for students to lean on.



No comments:

Post a Comment