Monday, March 17, 2014

Ahh...memories: Why I'll Never Go Back to the Traditional Model After Flipping

It's been awhile since I've posted, and that's mainly because things have been going quite smoothly.  We have a routine now when it comes to note-taking and homework.

I introduced the homework binder, which hasn't had any measurable effect, but at least it keeps students and me cognizant of how frequently they are missing work.  It's hard to tell how much of the improvement is simply due to it being 3/4 of the way into the year and how much is due to my intervention.

The main reason for this post is to note that due to the intense schedule of the musical, I started to fall a little behind in planning for French 1.  As a result, there was a dialogue lesson where I had to go back to the traditional "repeat after me; here's all the vocab" lesson for 1 day.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

It was so tedious.
Due to tedium, there was behavior I had to manage.
To the behavior, it was not fun for me and we didn't get as much practice for that unit as we could have.

On the other hand, it was good to remember where we came from to appreciate where we are now.

Flipped class is the only way I will ever teach French I again!

No comments:

Post a Comment